Been There, Done ThatThe DockWorks team is passionate about making upholstering and canvasing as seamless of a process as possible for marine professionals. Why? Because we’ve been there. We know the headaches that come with upholstery, canvas and keeping up with basic vessel maintenance — like detailer tracking, universal access to information, and more. That's why we've made it our mission to transform upholstery and canvas services for the better. GET STARTED TODAY
How We Help Upholstery and Canvas Shops
Integrated Payments and Billing With Quickbooks
Customized Employee Restrictions
Improved Inventory Management
Better Scheduling and Tracking
DockWorks believes in the power of partnership. That’s why we’re partnered with world-class marine organizations.
National Marine Manufacturers Association
American Boat & Yacht Council
National Marine Electronics Association
International Association of Marine Surveyors
Society of Accredited Marine Surveyors
Upholstery and Canvas Business FAQs
How do I estimate an upholstery and canvas job?
Your upholstery and canvas estimates should include:
- Contact information
- Project summary
- Total labor and materials cost
- Total cost
- Your insurance and license information
- Guarantee of work
That’s it. You can get much more granular, but a standard work order or job will include these must-have items.
How do I create an upholstery and canvas invoice?
When it comes to the invoice itself, there are a few best practices. Make sure your invoices include:
- Your company name and logo, physical address, phone number, and email address
- The name of the client and their mailing, vessel, and physical address
- Any legal requirements, such as a Tax ID
- A date and invoice number
- The payment terms
- Late fees if the client doesn't meet payment terms
- Details of the work order and jobs completed including the itemized charges
How should I receive payment?
You can take payments by offering customers the option to pay with a credit card through DockWorks payments. If you can’t accept payment for services in person, you can always send an invoice via email or text so your customer can pay with a card or bank account from wherever they are.
Pro Tip: Use the automated messaging and reminders within our system to make it easy to follow up and receive contactless payments!
How do I manage recurring service contracts?
Your standard recurring service agreement will look different based on the specific services you offer. For upholstery and canvas services, you can manage service contracts simply in DockWorks, but always remember marine maintenance agreements should include:
- Services to be provided — Specify the type and scope of your services, along with any additional details. Will you provide recurring maintenance at your customer’s home each month, or does the nature of your work only require you to respond to issues as needed.
- Time and money — How much will your customers pay for your services, and when does the agreement expire?
- Performance standards — What kind of quality can your customers expect from your services? Define the specific standards your work will live up to, and detail any processes your team will use to determine when a project is complete.
- Monitoring and reporting — Will you provide regular inspections or DockWorks 24/7 monitoring services as part of your recurring service agreement? If so, explain how you (or your Techs) will collect that data and state whether customers will have access to it.
In the event of an emergency, give your customers peace of mind by providing them with an emergency action plan. Set expectations by defining how quickly customers can expect an emergency response and how rapidly issues are likely to be resolved.
"There has been nothing as seamless and easy to use as DockWorks."
"BOE Marine is stoked to join the DockWorks community! We are eager to utilize a simplified, automated service-oriented software that the industry has never seen before."
"I see the DockWorks software as a replacement for a lot of the time management and accounting software that H2O Marine uses to manage its marine clientele. I'm shocked it hasn't already been done."